Sunday, March 15

Before Sunset




I am definitely a little late to this movie! A sequel to 1995's Before Sunrise, Before Sunset picks up with the characters nine years on.

Before Sunrise told the tale of two twenty-somethings (played by Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy) who meet on a train and spend one night together; mostly talking. I remember being fond of it but I cannot have liked it that much as I have never sought it out again! The sequel is the same two people walking around talking; although, with a little more life experience and reflection the characters have become more immediate and grounded.

I really do not have the heart to critique or dissect this film in any way. Let us just say that I loved it and you might too! If you have not done so I recommend that you watch Before Sunrise first. Let's hope if they make another one it is just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment